Gaming is a way of escaping reality for a while and experience someone else's life. This holds true for offline games with campaigns. The graphics in modern games surely add to the feeling of realism we gamers experience. Online multiplayer is another matter, but the escape from reality premise still holds. However, excess of anything is bad, even gaming is. So, one should try to maintain a social life while gaming as well
Maintaining a Social Life
Man is a social creature and needs to have social contact in order to maintain some sort of mental peace.
- Gamers tend to blur the lines between reality and games by just getting too immersed in the game and spending so much time playing it that they forget to maintain social lives.
- Maintaining a social life is important. Why? Because the mind craves for social attention. Its how the brain is wired.
How to do it?
- Find a hobby. For example, join the gym, start exercising, your body needs it to perform in a healthy manner in the long term
- Sure games provide you mental stimulation. But, your body needs physical exercise as well.
- Go out, make some friends have fun the world is full of experiences that will make you learn something which will benefit you at some point in life.
Balance is the key. Balance is healthy. Sure, games provide you with relaxing outlets for you to release your stress. However, staying in tune with reality is also important. Finding hobbies other than gaming will lead to more fulfilling life experiences as well.
Moral of the story? Find some balance in your life, gaming along with hobbies other than gaming. A little bit of everything is good.
Let us know in the comment section what hobbies do you pursue other than gaming in your life. We'd love to hear from you!